It’s a beautiful Spring day in the South, and it’s even more beautiful because it’s Friday! Today I’m linking arms (and keyboards) with some of the best writers on the internet for Five Minute Friday. It’s the day we all write together for five minutes, wild and free, then we link up here and spread some love and encouragement all over the blogsphere. Want to play? New friends always welcomed here!
Position available: Writer.
* In love with words. The blissful, can’t-get-enough kind of love. Can’t-imagine-life-without-them love.
* Willing to do some heavy lifting, i.e., be willing to go there and write about things that are not always politically correct.
* Can effectively use the tools of the trade (computer, pen & paper, typewriter, dictation, voice memos).
* Willing to bleed vulnerability onto the page and open self up to the observations and/or criticisms of others.
* Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. (just kidding!)
* Able to successfully avoid the distraction of a ringing phone, bored child, or unread book, and resist the siren call of last night’s DVR’ed episode of “Dancing With The Stars”.
* Has a story to tell or something to say.
Salary: None, except for the satisfaction of knowing you are doing what God called you to do.
Is this you? It seems so easy, and yet it’s sometimes so hard! The first time I told someone I was a writer the word stuck in my throat like a hairball, but after that it was easier and easier to say. I am a writer. I am a writer. I am a WRITER.